Monday 6 May 2013

Spring Flowers and Spring Scream


I haven't spent spring in Sweden for the past ten years.
I've really missed hepatica/liverleaf, wood anemones and  coltsfoot
One Swedish person I stayed with during Swenglish, who had lived abroad for many years, moved back home because she missed "her stone and her water"
and that's a bit what I felt, even though you can't own a flower.
You can find wood anemones and coltsfoot in England too,
but as I spent most of my time in the city, I never came across them.
Now I'm out in the forest picking flowers every other day.
In Småland you're allowed to pick the hepaticas/liverleaf, but in some areas of Sweden they are protected.

And after I'd watched one of my favourite films  Ronia - The Robber's Daughter 
I felt inspired to do a spring scream
- dressed up as Pippi Longstocking!

No comments:

Post a Comment