Sunday 16 December 2012

Week 30: Last Week - Creations in the Countryside of Småland


I only had three hours sleep after the Stockholm drama last week,
but there's no rest for the wicked ...
When I arrived at my last host's place I had to participate in making cheese cake.
Swedish cheese cake is nothing like English cheese cake.
The biggest difference is that the Swedish version doesn't have a crumbly base
and it contains lots of almond, both sweet and bitter.
The milk we used came from local cows that had been milked that very morning.


Making cheese cake wasn't half as difficult as making Christmas cards though.
It took me two hours to make one single card at my host's work place.


Luckily I could join the staff Christmas party the day after, including a great SPA.


And I relaxed even more taking a walk around Flisby in the county of Småland.


Minus sixteen degrees when driving to town one morning!
The Swedish winter tyres with studs were much needed.


One of the tasks my host gave me was to feed the birds.
We had some "Lussekatter" - Swedish Lucia saffron buns - left over and the birds loved them!



One Saturday morning we went out in  nightie and pajamas and made snow angels!


As a grand final I made a painting as my host is a super cool artist and she often makes art with an abundance of glitter - Christmas or not.

Now I've arrived at my parents' place. It feels unreal that I've completed my thirty weeks of staying with thirty different people. So the big question is what's next?
The most important thing is of course to write my Swenglish book based on these thirty weeks, but first I need some rest. I have some ideas about where to go and what to do ...
However I still don't know whether to settle in England or Sweden. My ultimate dream is to have a flat in Brighton and a house in the countryside of Sweden.
A journalist who interviewed me this week suggested that I marry a Swedish farmer ... no way!
I was going to milk a cow the other day though. Unfortunately it was cancelled due to illness, but I'm going to do it next week perhaps. To be continued ...

I will still update this blog weekly, so see you later dear readers.

PÅ SVENSKA


2 comments:

  1. well done, louise, for surviving your epic journey! i hope you enjoy your rest now x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations lovely lady os Swengland!. Awesome journey and awesome stories. There is a sofa should you need one......... Ever. X x x Dani.

    ReplyDelete